What kind of training does one need to become a foster parent?
PATH (Parents As Tender Healers) is the training and preparation curriculum for those families considering becoming foster or adoptive parents. The 30-hour program will meet weekly for ten weeks on a designated day (typically Tuesday at the Memphis Agape office. This training is the pre-requisite for completing the Home Study process.
Topics covered include:
- Rearing children from the system
- Understanding hurt children
- The impact of loss on children
- Using family strengths to help children heal
- Helping a child become part of your family
- Surviving crisis
PATH facilitator: George Kohlbacher
Call the Memphis office (901)323-3600 for more information.