Resources for Churches
A more balanced home life makes for a more energized church life.
Both inside and outside the church, couples and families are stressed, and churches are struggling to find ways to strengthen marriages and help families succeed.
The Agape Counseling Center is uniquely equipped to help concerned church leaders meet the counseling needs of their members and their community.
We make it easier for churches to address relationship problems, resolve them more effectively, and prevent the breakup of marriages and families.
From strengthening relationship and parenting skills to intervening in marital and family crisis, Agape therapists help churches meet the needs of individuals, couples, families and the surrounding community.
Through contracting with the Agape Counseling Center, churches can provide on site a licensed and experienced therapist to provide sensitive and confidential counseling. Through this partnership arrangement, churches can contract with the Agape
Alternatively, specific services can be purchased from the Counseling Center to provide a specific number of hours of on-site counseling services per month. Agape Counseling Center on a fee-for-service basis. Either plan allows clients to be seen at the church facility and to make arrangements directly with the church to receive counseling services. Contract counseling services can also be provided at the Agape Counseling Center for churches that prefer that members of the congregation be seen off-site.
For information on how your church can partner with Agape to offer counseling services, contact Louvadie King, Director of Clinical Services, at (901) 323-3600 or via email at email@example.com.
For information on how Agape can help your church successfully weather a crisis and emerge even stronger and healthier, contact Louvadie King, Director of Clinical Services, at (901) 323-3600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Services to Churches
- Consultation with churches in crisis (addressing ethical/legal/situational problems, conflict surrounding transitions, sexual misconduct of a church leader, or other systemic issues that threaten the health and welfare of the congregation)
- Consultation with churches seeking to decrease divorce rates and incidence of family failure in their congregations and communities (providing leadership education and training, congregational needs assessment, ministry team development, family ministry program development and expansion, and church capacity building to equip members of the congregation to serve the surrounding community)
- Family ministry services to churches that want to make on-site counseling services, relationship education programs, marriage and family enrichment program, and other family ministry services available to their members
- Spiritual coaching services to those in professional ministry who have need and desire to enhance their own spiritual growth and development
- Workshop, classes and consultation services for church family life and growth
Life Changes Initiative
The social problems that plague our community are rooted in the failure of marriages and families. Sadly, conservative Christians, on average, have the highest divorce rates; a finding that raises serious questions about how effectively churches equip individuals, couples and families for marriage and family success.
Through our Life Changes program, the Agape Counseling Center seeks to join with church leaders to help improve the health of marriages, families and individuals in their churches AND to help congregations reach out in the community and change the current reality of children and families in Memphis.
The program is designed to 1) equip preachers and teachers to present a paradigm for marriage and family relationships that reflects God’s ideals and challenges the status quo; 2) strengthen marriages and families throughout the family life cycle and across developmental stages; and 3) empower the church to become the caring community that facilitates the success of marriages and families in the congregation and community.
The mission of the Life Changes program: Strengthening families, empowering churches and restoring communities is advanced through helping churches, in their congregations and communities,
1. reduce divorce rates
2. increase sexual abstinence rates of teens and unmarried adults
3. reduce the number of births of children to unmarried parents
4. increase the number of fathers actively involved in the rearing of their children
5. increase the number of couples choosing marriage over cohabitation
6. increase the number of children who grow up with married parents
For more information about how you can participate in the Life Changes initiative, email Linda Oxford, Consultant/Trainer or call 901.323.3600.